Interim Healthcare of West MichiganJob Requirements
is currently looking for a Medical Social Worker (MSW)
to join our home care team
!! This is a part-time position
that offers you the opportunity for flexible scheduling
As our Medical Social Worker, you will be responsible for the provision of social work services including short-term individual counseling, community resource planning, and crises intervention. Services are provided in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted standards of professional practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim Healthcare policies and procedures. Essential Functions Include:
- Assisting the physician and other health care team members in assessing and understanding the significant social and emotional needs related to the health problems of the patient/client
- Reporting on the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
- Completing and submitting timely, legible, accurate, relevant and sufficient documentation (written or electronic) addressing the treatment and interventions provided, the patient’s response to the treatment and interventions, and the patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
- Advising and consulting with the family and/or other caregivers to promote patient progress.
- Utilizing and providing the patient/family with appropriate community resources as needed.
- Master or doctoral prepared graduate with a degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- MSW license in the state of Michigan.
- One (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Active CPR-BLS certification.
- Home care experience would be ideal.
- Experience in sub acute rehab and hospitals is a plus.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Direct Deposit Available
- Flexible Scheduling
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. ©2018 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: Grand Rapids
- Job State: MI
- Employee Type: Part Time