To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Laredo, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • Laredo, TX
Posted 20 days ago
Facility: RIO GRANDE DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: $15.59
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, performs plumbing related work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill. May be required to perform the duties of a Corrections Officer by overseeing and maintaining the custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete each work.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
- Performs plumbing, piping, boiler repairs, installation of washbasins and toilet facilities, and any other work pertaining to facility plumbing/boiler systems.
- May occasionally perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- May occasionally perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
- Maintains records of repairs.
- May be required to perform the duties of a Corrections Officer by overseeing and maintaining the custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees. (Refer to Corrections Officer job description for additional information.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in plumbing or pipe-fitting work required.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Level II Distribution and Collection certification within one (1) year of employment.
- Plumbing license preferred.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and procedures, including the ability to interpret plumbing blueprints and schematics and to make arithmetic calculations required.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely required. Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling twenty-four (24) hour period.