Sign Bonus :STNA FT $2,000 STNA PT $1,250
General Summary: Responsible for providing routine nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures, and as directed by the Charge Nurse or Wellness Manager, to assure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all areas of resident activities of daily living per standard protocol.
- Ensure residents receive appropriate physician ordered meal trays, snacks, and fluids.
- Provide an environment of acceptance, maintaining the resident's right to dignity and respect.
- Conduct care with respect to all Resident Rights.
- Maintain a clean and safe resident environment.
- Assures facility compliance with all applicable, local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies including Ohio Department of Health and CMS Life Safety regulations, as well as facility policies and procedures.
- Participates, cooperates and communicates with other staff members as needed to ensure smooth, efficient facility operations.
- Attends established meetings and in-services as required or requested.
- Thoroughly clean resident rooms, hallways, common areas and other areas as assigned.
- Maintain resident’s laundry practicing proper procedures to prevent or minimize the spread of infection.
- Assist with the dining experience.
- Assist the Life Enrichment Coordinator with activities as needed.
- Maintains a courteous and respectful behavior with residents and their family members, as well as with co-workers and other staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Charge Nurse
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and transfer residents.
- Be compassionate, friendly, kind, and understanding of the needs of the elderly.
- Make proper judgments.
- Possess high degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene.
- Be cooperative with supervisors, fellow employees, and other departments.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and families.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people.
Education and Experience
High school degree (or equivalent) or Ohio Nursing Assistant exam preferred. Must maintain 12 contact hours annually.
Seeing: read reports and use computer
Speaking & Hearing: communication with clients and co-workers
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling up to 25 lbs
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling 25-50 lbs
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling 50-100 lbs
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling over 100 lbs
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: write, type, use phones, etc…
Sitting for extended periods of time
Normal facility working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements.
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Content Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Infectious Diseases