Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Director of Business Operations. Reporting to an Area Vice President, the Director of Business Operations leads and manages Maxim’s field offices. The position works directly with Business Development, Recruiting, and partners with Field Support and Clinical teams to manage the acquisition, growth, and retention of long-term customer relationships. The Director of Business Operations is responsible for talent and performance management, quality control, and measurable progress toward Maxim’s goals for continuous improvement and teamwork. The Director of Business Operations identifies and drives growth opportunities while managing the performance of all team members within the operation.
Specific state requirements must be met for the Director of Business Operations to fulfill Administrator responsibilities, and if not a Registered Nurse, a qualified Clinical Manager must be appointed to oversee the clinical management of the office. The Director of Business Development is accountable to multiple federal, state, local programs/contracts, accrediting bodies and Maxim Requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforces accountability and encourages ownership
- Creates a culture which fosters a positive experience for caregivers and team members
- Responsible for excellent customer service as it relates to both our customer and referring entities
- Communicates the company’s purpose, mission, and guiding principles
- Maintains key (high level) civic relationships in the community to allow visibility into the future of the business
- Oversees, guides, directs, and manages the execution of market performance by defining both short term and long term vision
- Maintains business development and leadership pipelines
- Partners with National Sales to pursue large accounts
- Balances project work with sustainable business
- Manages consistency in the business development process
- Held accountable to multiple federal, state, local programs/contracts, accrediting bodies and Maxim requirements
- Promotes company policy, procedure, and strong business ethics including compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Partners with Clinical and Field Support team leaders to achieve expected business results and company established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Oversees creation and execution of recruiting strategy for all business lines
- Responsible for hiring and the on-going development of team members including strategies for employee retention, career path, performance management, and growth and interest within Maxim Healthcare
- Manages the execution of daily Red Zone meetings and ensures all team members collaborate
- Responsible for making sure all Plan of Corrections, Root Cause Analysis and Quality Improvement are developed, updated, and maintained in accordance with Maxim Healthcare policies
- Ability to collaborate with departments at headquarters including: Compliance, Legal, Government Relations, Clinical, Human Resources, Finance, Marketing/Communication, and National Sales
- Responsible for overseeing completion of all required activity tracking, reports, and corrective action plans
- Responsible for oversight of on-call activities so that a qualified person is available at all times in person or via telecommunications during operating hours when patients are receiving or requesting services and participates in on-call activities where necessary
- Serves as a member of the Governing Body and Professional Advisory Board
- Undergraduate preferred in Business, Marketing, Management, Communications, Provider Relations, Healthcare Administration, or RN degree
- Minimum of two (2) years business development experience preferably in a healthcare setting or relevant sales related experience in healthcare
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory or administrative experience preferred in home health care or related health care programs
- Must meet all federal, state, and local requirements
- Knowledge of home care requirements and third-party reimbursement
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
The minimum requirements described in this document are universal for the listed positions unless otherwise required by law.
Our company is committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal accountability, personal growth, and an active role in the driving vision of the company. We offer competitive pay, full benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as 401(k), 529 college savings plan, basic life insurance with the option of supplemental, and 17 days paid time off in addition to holidays and two floating holidays.
* Does not apply to CA residents. CA residents are eligible for 10 vacation days and 7 sick days.
Maxim Healthcare Services makes all employment decisions, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, retirement, compensation, benefits, transfer, corrective action, or any other decisions affecting the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristics in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local government entities. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, “disabled Veterans”, or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Maxim values the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer