We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
- To drive the Lean Six Sigma process and quality improvement throughout the Mohawk Molding Plant, lead projects, and mentor team members.
- Lead Lean Continuous Improvement projects.
- Coordinate resources, team members, and communicate appropriate steps of the process as the project progresses.
- Facilitate the completion of all local ongoing project plans or process improvement initiatives being performed. Maintain awareness of project status and results, and provide assistance and guidance as the project progresses.
- Prepare and submit site specific recommendations with analytical projections
- Assists in writing and teaching process procedures to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taking place. Demonstrates ability to train others effectively. Develops specifications, checklists, and standard work processes.
- Develop, implement and manage new or improved quality assurance (QA) systems to ensure that the quality control program is effectively maintained and that the production and lab staff is achieving established quality requirements.
- Evaluate current manufacturing processes and provide recommendations to the manufacturing management team with the aim of adding value to product quality. Provide guidance in the process improvement activities of other departments within the organization as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operation or Business
- 2 to 5 years of manufacturing / operations experience required
- Lean manufacturing experience required
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers. Good presentation and team facilitation skills to present information, deliver training and solicit feedback at various levels within the organization
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems and complete tasks in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to collect raw and secondary data, to organize, analyze and draw relevant conclusions to inform senior management accordingly
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Works well in group problem solving situations
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Designs work flows and procedures.
- Ability to work independently relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals in accordance with project deliverable and reporting deadlines.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Product Quality Assurance
Business Process Improvement
Complex Problem Solving
Continuous Improvement Process