To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Burlington, VT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VT - Sr. Technical Support
Apex Systems • South Burlington, VT
Posted 11 days ago
Position Title: Senior Field Engineer
Total Required: 1
Location: Burlington VT
If interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and the best number and time to call!
This position provides an opportunity to support vital functions for Homeland Security, supporting programs managing our nation’s fundamental foreign person processing services. These functions and processes include employment authorization, asylum, resident alien processing, and citizenship naturalization, and the successful candidates will help them provide information technology (IT), expertise, and the support services necessary to enable DHS to deliver effective, efficient, and secure immigration services and products.
Employees work closely with DHS personnel to deliver high end service solutions that allow them to maintain mission continuity. The selected candidates will work with high performance collaborative teams to deliver best-in-class services and solutions in technical support, systems refresh, software integration, and operations support to clients in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
The Senior Field Engineer candidate will provide user support at remote locations on assigned open tickets and work in collaboration with the Service Desk. The Senior Field Engineer is responsible
for resolving customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain customer satisfaction. The Senior Field Engineer installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of
products and equipment. The Senior Field Engineer will have the ability to make replacement cables from
raw cable and RJ-45 connectors. Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers’ needs. The following are principal duties of the Senior Field Engineer:
Deskside Support which includes:
- Provide on-site support for deployment and security remediation functions
- Gather analyze, and report end-user support trends
- Provide desktop, application and network application incident resolution
- Manage user installation and relocations requests
- Asset Inventory Support
- Conduct physical inventory of assets
- Conduct scheduled and random electronic inventories
- Assist in receiving and receipting property
- Transfer of property to other organizations
- Process computer equipment for excess and disposition
- Disposal Preparation Support
- Ensure disposal policies and procedures are employed
- Ensure every device is wiped/degaussed prior to site removal
- Encryption Services
- Administer and manage encryption tools application server
- Ensure laptops are properly encrypted
- Encrypt laptops discovered without encryption
- Provide password recovery for encrypted device
- Video Conferencing and Audio/Video O&M
- Troubleshoot system problems and repairs
- Work with support staff for remote troubleshooting and repairs
- Assist in setting up presentation devices and Video Conference units
- Set up, ensure functionality, be available during events and shut down video conferences
- Local On-Site Cabling
- Restart wiring closet cabling electronics including switches or other network devices
- Replace defective cabling electronics and simple replacement of defective cabling electronics and components such as switch blades
- Overseas Site Support (Depends on Positions)
- Wireless Services
- Assist users with mobile communication devices (mobile phones, broadband cards, Blackberrys, and laptops) with incident support tickets
- Provide Tier 2 support in the field which includes hardware troubleshooting and OS re- install, Blackberry Exchange Server connection verification and equipment swapping support
- Service Center Services
o Ensure IT services are rendered/tested for telework users using VPN and CITRIX
o Provide remote support services for telework/home users
- Support pre/post application releases
- Account Management Services
- Hardware Incident Resolution
o Identify and resolve hardware incidents and service requests of a consumable part
- Candidates Must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust per condition of employment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience troubleshooting software and hardware in a customer service role
- Minimum 6 months’ experience troubleshooting Apple Macintosh software and hardware in a customer service role
- High degree of technical proficiency
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical abilities
- Certification in UNIX and Microsoft Operating Systems or 5 years relevant experience troubleshooting installing and configuring Unix and MS systems Experienced with LANDesk remote resolution and with using LANDesk to push packages to workstations to complete software installation request
- Comptia Networking +
- Comptia A+
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178