1st Shift, 8:00-5:00
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Exemption Status: Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position designs, programs, simulates, and tests a wide variety of automation systems in order to complete specific tasks within allotted cycle times. This position will either lead or be a participant on numerous automation projects. This position works closely with our automation vendors reviewing and optimizing their designs to suit our needs. This position will also serve as trainer in the efficient operation and limits of our automated systems.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Assist in the design of automated systems.
- Optimization of current automation cells.
- Provide data for suggested modifications.
- Review and evaluate code.
- Evaluates all relevant ergonomic, safety, environmental and compliance considerations when reviewing processes, designs and implementations.
- Interaction with manufacturing, maintenance, automation vendors, quality and other department supervisors or managers to solve and correct existing and expected manufacturing problems.
- Train employees.
- Work with Purchasing Team to secure necessary equipment.
- Coordinate out-sourced work with vendors.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and commitment to Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Attends meetings as required and/or assigned.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned
Special Job Dimensions
- Up to 35% travel possible, including both domestic and international.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in cost/benefit analysis
- Programming o Proficiency in understanding programing logic
- Programming experience in college or industry
- PLC programming experience
- Auto CAD
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT)
Education, Certification/License & Work
• B.S. Engineering, preferably in Automation Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
• 2 years of experience, preferably in automation
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a workplace environment that encourages growth and respect for all current and prospective employees based upon job-related factors such as their educational background, work experience, and ability to perform the essential functions of a particular job. It is the policy and practice of this Company to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under the applicable federal, state or local law. Support of and belief in this principle is an expectation of all Company employees.
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations as necessary and where required by law so long as the accommodation does not pose and undue hardship. This policy is not intended to afford employees with any greater protections than those which exist under federal, state or local law.
The Company requires reporting of all instances of discrimination and harassment immediately to Human Resources, Legal or an officer of the company, and prohibits retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination, harassment, or participates in an investigation of such report. Appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination, will be taken against any employee who violates this policy. We believe that our continued success depends upon our ability to maintain a leadership role in the attraction, development and retention of a highly competent and diverse work force and create a productive and safe environment. Our management is guided by ethical standards that comply with legal requirements. These standards will be implemented consistently by the Company to ensure that equality is afforded to all applicants and employees.
Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application (Catia)
Computer Aided Design
Solid Works (Cad)