To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA 22314
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Asset Accountant
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Alexandria, VA
Posted 5 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client, a telecom company located in Alexandria, Virginia (VA) has an opening for a Senior Asset Accountant.
- Performs monthly accounting for Fixed Assets including
- The review and update of GL activity into Sage FAS system
- Calculations and journal entries for capital interest, asset retirement obligation, active asset transfers, maintenance, depreciation, and amortization
- Preparation and GL reconciliation of Sage FAS construction in process and active assets roll-forward schedules
- Performs periodic accounting for intangibles and impairment as needed
- Maintains and updates fixed asset policies and procedures, chart of accounts, and field charge codes as needed
- Develops and provides coding methodology for field operations staff
- Works with field operations staff on project charge coding and project construction status for accounting treatment
- Performs additional ad hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree desired
- 5 - 8 years related experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience
- Certified Public Accountant license preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with ERP, CPM, and analytical reporting systems
- Possess strong computer skills; advanced excel skills
- Possess strong communication skills
- Experience in a multi-location accounting environment preferred
- Experience with foreign currency and multi-entity accounting desired
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.