Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 350 W. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85013.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Read and interpret medical coding rules and guidelines to make decisions (e.g., exclusions, sequencing, inclusions)
- Apply post-query response to make final determinations
- Make determinations on medical charting and take initiative to complete reviews independently to avoid delays in the process
- Apply relevant Medical Coding Reference, Federal, State, and Professional guidelines to assign and record independent medical
- code determinations.
- Manage multiple work demands simultaneously to maintain relevant productivity and turnaround time standards for completing
- medical records (e.g., charts, assessments, visits, encounters)
- Provide information or respond to questions from medical coding quality audits
- Perform medical coding audits to evaluate medical coding quality
- Review medical coding audit results
- Follow steps per agreement with medical coding audit results to resolve discrepancies
- Provide resources and information to substantiate medical coding audit findings
- Educate and mentor others to improve medical coding quality
- Apply understanding of National Correct Coding Edits to the coding process
- Demonstrate understanding of National and Local coverage determinations
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the impact of coding decisions on revenue cycle
- Follow relevant professional code of ethics consistent with required certifications
- Attain and/or maintain relevant professional certifications and continuing education seminars as required
- Leverage relevant computer software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office) to record information, analyze data, or communicate with
- Utilize and navigate across clinical software applications to assign medical codes or complete reviews
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of inpatient coding experience within a hospital coding department
- Coding certification – RHIA, RHIT, or CCS
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with Cerner
- Experience with a computer assisted coding program
- Experience collaborating with a CDI Program
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Meeting set productivity standards
- Meeting set quality standards
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Medical Coder - Remote
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: claims, data entery, coding, medical coding, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRx, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, advocate, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo