To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Help Desk Manager
MSC LLC • Bethesda, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing is searching for an on-site Help Desk Manager for an enterprise task order management contract within NIH. This position will be located in Rockville, MD. The Help Desk Manager will provides daily supervision and direction to Desktop and Help Desk Support staff who are responsible to provide support to customers via phone, in person, and through remote support channels. Manager will be responsible for formulating and enforcing performance work standards; assigning work schedules; reviewing work discrepancies; supervising contractor personnel; and communicating polices, purposes, and objectives of the to the contractor’s assigned staff. The Help Desk Manager shall work with the Program Manger to complete the duties related project management, transition plan and management of the tasks as part of the contract.
- Manages a team of support personnel who troubleshoot IT desktop issues in a scientific environment
- Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
- VIP User Support
- Manage Tier 1-3 help desk support for all supported hardware (Laptops, Desktops, Wintel, Mac, Linux) software (Windows, Mac, Linux) used by staff and contractors in both administrative and scientific areas including stand-alone systems used in the scientific environment.
- Utilize centrally managed ServiceNow for Service Ticket creation, assignment and management.
- Handle moderately complex scientific IT hardware and software issues found within a laboratory environment to include requirements analysis, formalized project planning and design of server configurations, storage, archiving and backup options.
- Ensures maximum issue resolutions in minimum time.
- Documenting steps performed for problems tasks that may recur and sharing these steps with co-workers;
- After Hour Support when necessary
- Supervision and relocating IT equipment, including desktop computers, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other peripherals;
- Writing ad-hoc technical instructions for non-technical users when remotely connecting, phone support, or face to face visits are not possible
- Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user
- Bachelor degree in computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related discipline is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience, of which at least two years must be specialized. Specialized experience includes; staff management, recruitment, and retention, Help Desk/ Service Desk management.
- Service Now Experience
- Have public trust clearance, or able to obtain
- Certified by the Help Desk Institute as a Help Desk Manager, Desktop support Manager or Support Center Manager.
- Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (ITIL) v3 preferred
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.