To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Healthcare Financial Sr. Analyst/Consultant - Government
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
The Government financial consultant will project manage the data modeling process for projects for government sponsored health and welfare programs.
Also, this role uses expertise to provide the technical review of data, manages tasks and deadlines and is a resource for the client. To fulfill this role, the Financial Consultant will:
- Participate in initial meetings with client or project lead to define the scope of the project
- Provide insight and expertise on defining the data models, including knowledge of the capabilities and flexibility of different models.
- Document client calls and capture accurate information to determine project and data scope
- Define and design architecture of data model through the following tasks: evaluate project scope to determine if there is a need update to create new data model or use an existing data model; define data architecture based on project scope, insight from the project lead and direction for the project's actuarial advisor; ensure data model architecture captures the full scope of the project, adheres to actuarial best practices and is flexible enough to make future adjustments
- Delegate model updating and/or model building tasks to junior staff. Provide staff clear direction and defined timelines. Share knowledge with junior staff and provide training as needed to complete project tasks. Acts as resource for support staff, answer questions, provide workarounds for obstacles that arise
- Identify data anomalies and exceptions as observed in project deliverables (reports, analysis). Understand the reasons and impacts of data anomalies and exceptions on the analysis in order to explain these issues to senior staff or project lead.
- Analyze data issues and formulate possible solutions. Communicate data anomalies with project and client team and provide insight, expertise and direction on address issues regarding the data anomalies.
- Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously
- Organize project work flow and delegate project tasks to junior staff
- Manage the quality and timeliness of project deliverables and ensure client deliverables are client ready.
- Create client call agendas, coordinate calls with client and project team and actively participate in client calls and meetings.
- Work directly with client to clarify project scope and be resource for client to answer project related questions
- Participate on interviewing teams and/or act a mentor for junior staff
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of industry experience required
- Thorough understanding of government health and welfare field and general health care concepts
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools. Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel. Intermediate skills in Access. Intermediate skills in PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills. Understanding of actuarial principals and methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead small teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
US ONLY: Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.