$40 per classOpenings:
LifeStart and WTS International is actively hiring for a Dance Instructor in Seattle, WA. The Dance Instructor is responsible for providing quality fitness programs designed to meet the needs of members, residents, or guests. Ideal candidate will have background experience teaching a variety of dances.
WTS International and LifeStart merged in November 2020 to create one of the most comprehensive management companies operating at the confluence of hospitality, technology, and health and wellness. Its vast portfolio includes hotel and resort spa, country club, corporate and commercial fitness, residential, and virtual spaces. Together, the combined organization provides transformative holistic mind and body spa services, unparalleled community engagement experiences, industry-leading experts in physical, mental and emotional well-being, and unrivaled customer service, all with the goal to empower people to build a better lifestyle and to live life well.
• Ensuring that a safe and healthy environment exists for exercising
• Arriving to teach class in advance of the scheduled time to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns
• Dressing appropriately for teaching exercise classes
• Arriving well-prepared, music cued and routine thought out
• Knowing the names of participants who attend your classes
• Sharing educational information with your class participants
• Teaching classes with energy and enthusiasm
• Motivating class participants to the best of your ability
• Noting new participants and sharing basic exercise information with them
• Keeping up-to-date on safety and fitness trends
• Reporting any equipment/facility problems to the management team
• Begins and ends all classes on time.
• Ensures that class areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Attends all scheduled meetings
• Attends schedules professional trainings.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have 2+ year(s) experience with dance instruction
• Must have educational background in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health Education or related field
• Valid CPR Certification
• Valid Standard First Aid Certification
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
• Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
• Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
• Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Ability to lift 25 lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms we can omit this one too
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International / LifeStart is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.
- Exercise Physiology
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation