The Mid-Atlantic region of Carrier Enterprise, LLC sells residential and commercial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) products, parts and supplies through dealers (independent companies that sell, deliver and service Carrier products to residences and businesses in their respective markets). We currently have an exciting Assistant Distribution Center Manager opportunity at our Hanover, MD location.
• Directly supervises a two-shift operation and assigns tasks to Warehouse Associates based on business needs and customer priority.
• Supervises the performance of all tasks involved in the shipment, requisition and storage of materials, parts, supplies and equipment into and from warehouse.
• Involvement in scheduling and routing of equipment/parts/supplies delivery with our onsite trucking partner.
• Communicates directly with customers and coordinates efforts with the SA's/ BM's/AM's.
• Coordinates material flow within organization.
• Improves workflow processes to increase productivity and efficiencies.
• Maintain accurate inventory through cycle counting.
• Ensure that all company assets are protected from theft and/or damage.
• Involvement with inbound/outbound logistics to ensure proper scheduling and deliveries.
• Maintain the ability to work and perform in a fast pace warehouse environment.
• Focus on warehouse organization and attention to detail.
• Ability to protect workforce through Safety.
• Coordinate efficient operation of the warehouse.
• Additional responsibilities may include: Staff development, Asset Control, HVAC TECH support, Business Strategy and Cost Control.
• Previous work experience and proven success as a Warehouse/Distribution Supervisor/Manager.
• Must possess strong people management skills.
• Must have proven Leadership and Coaching abilities.
• Must be teamwork oriented.
• Prior Forklift Certification.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Communicate written and oral instructions.
• Standing on feet for length of time.
• Influence and motivate others.
• Willingness to work long hours during peak selling season.
• Experience with RF Scanning is highly desirable.
• Proficient basic PC skills as well as Microsoft Office.
Associate of Arts degree required
5-7 years of Supervisory experience.
Carrier Enterprise offers a competitive total pay and benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants applying for employment must be authorized to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Cycle Counting
- Distribution (Business)
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Road Transport