To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO
- Auto Truck
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
ATG - Transportation Supervisor
Auto Truck Group • Kansas City, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Analyze and coordinate the logistical functions for Auto Truck Group. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Organize transportation for internal material movement.
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to meet customer requirements and to minimize negative impacts on the business.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs, and take actions to ensure that such needs are met related to shipment of vehicles.
- Coordinate vendor pick-ups for inbound vehicles and chassis.
- Negotiate freight rates for delivery of vehicles.
- Manage subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as a liaison between subcontractors and Auto Truck Group.
- Oversee and supervise New Vehicle receipt and shipping processes; coordinate driver’s schedules and record hours worked for payroll purposes.
- Oversee the pick-up and delivery of vehicles to shop technician work areas.
- Explain proposed solutions to customers, management, or other interested parties through written proposals and oral presentations.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a logistics activity.
- Protect and control proprietary materials
- Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks and service agreements.
- Coordinate availability and allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3-5 years of previous experience in logistics, transportation, and/or inventory management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical school preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- CDL highly desired.
Valid driver’s license in good standing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: Requires working on hard floor – standing, sitting, walking, laying, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and stooping.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- Working outside all year long in all weather conditions.