Average First Year Pay: $52,000 - $75,000; pay is based on a formula, based on weight, stops, and miles.
Actual pay may be lower or higher than the range, based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected class.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
New hire Drivers become eligible for the following benefits on day one of employment: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance as well as Flexible Spending Accounts and are eligible for Long Term Disability on the 60th day of employment and 401k participation and Tuition Reimbursement after the 90th day of employment.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a McLane Driver, you are the face of our company to our customers. You are the person they see week after week. You will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route helps you stay engaged with the work. Great customer service skills are a plus!
Schedule and home time: Our Team Routes dispatch out 5:00-10:00pm and are out mainly between 12-18 hours before returning back to Colorado Springs. (Few routes out 18-36 hours.) Our Drivers average 3-4 routes a week and make multiple stops at our customers (convenient stores, Walgreens, Walmart and others) and unload freight at each stop. There is no dispatch out on Saturday.
- Operate a tractor trailer to convey products to customer sites.
- Unload and place all products in customer-designated food-safe storage areas.
- Ensure accurate and on-time deliveries.
- Work safely to prevent injury to people and damage to products.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
- At least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A).
- At least 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor trailer driving experience.
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
- Lift and move product and pallets which may weigh up to 75 pounds.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.