*Certified as a Great Place to Work For 2018 and 2019! *
*One of the Top 25 Places to Work for in Healthcare*
Apply today and take your place amongst the stars with Constellation!
This Is Us:
Constellation Health Services is a Certified Home Care and Hospice agency dedicated to delivering the best possible health care services to people at all points of life. We believe our staff are vital to our success and have devoted ourselves to building a compassionate, vibrant, and diverse core of clinicians. This core has earned us the distinction of being a Certified Great Place to Work For in 2018 and 2019!
Job Description Summary:
The On Call Hospice RN is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately during hours that the office is closed through triaging issues via phone or making visits.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
2. Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing.
3. Previous experience in hospice/home care setting. Proven ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
4. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
5. Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Understands hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying.
6. Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
8. Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
1. Responds to calls when the office is closed to determine if issues can be triaged via phone or onsite visits need to be made.
2. Reviews available patient information related to case to determine hospice needs.
3. Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to case as needed.
4. Reviews patient's medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications, procedures and clinical course to establish immediate and long-term plans of care.
5. Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
6. Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the Director of Hospice Services.
Perks and Benefits:
- iPad to record all documentation
- Medical supplies readily available
- Company sponsored activities
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plan
- Professional liability coverage
- Company-sponsored in-service and training
With our support, your passion, and our combined commitment, we can provide a level of patient care worth bragging about. Many clinicians have come to work for us from a variety of areas and have embarked on the next chapter of their professional journey, with great results. Don't wait and start your journey by applying today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations