Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
The Vice President Human Resources for North America acts as a strategic business partner for the Getinge organization, providing thought leadership on strategic and tactical business imperatives to drive short and long term goals for organization. The role has overarching responsibility for all HR activities in the US and Canada, and is accountable for working with business unit leaders to develop a positive organizational culture, aligned to the Getinge Core Values. The position is a key driver and leader in ensuring the effective development and implementation of HR strategies, policies and processes; and the specific HR strategies required to build capability to meet the Group strategy.
- Serve as advisor to the Country/Region President (s) and other senior management on all matters related to human resources issues.
- Provide high quality, innovative, and consultative services to senior leadership, regarding the organizations HR programs, policies and services, including recruitment, retention, performance management, organizational design, leadership development, succession planning, compensation, and benefits. Manage the HR staff to create a highly effective team and a “best in class” operation.
- Establish trust and credibility across the organization by understanding the culture of the organization, knowing its people, being aware of business objectives and providing a point of view that reflects the HR implications of business decisions.
- Identify opportunities for optimizing the organization’s HR System to fully utilize existing capabilities, or introduce enhancements that will increase the efficiency of the HR operation in supporting all business units.
- Provide direction and oversight to Getinge Group leaders on the strategic improvement of human capital processes.
- Foster an environment that provides ongoing performance and career development feedback and coaching to all employees.
- Provide direction to individual, team, and organizational developmental efforts necessary to achieve the business goals. These activities are driven by the business needs and might include individual coaching and development planning, team development interventions, organizational restructuring counsel and support, etc. at all levels within the assigned business units.
- Lead and provide direction to the development of HR policies and processes in the areas of employee relations, leadership development, staffing, compensation and benefits.
- Partner with HR leaders in the Country and Global Human Resources groups to create economies of scale in HR processes, services and solutions, and strategizing on process improvements.
- Responsible for being an active, productive and collaborative member of the management team. Leverage resources across departments, corporate sites and within HR to efficiently meet customer needs and drive the business.
- Create and promote strong values and ethics within their assigned areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate integrity, business acumen, and interpersonal skills to work with individuals and management on their HR decisions and actions.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of HR policies, and federal/state legislation related to employment law and practices and general HR administration.
- Demonstrated ability to consult effectively at all levels of an organization on HR issues and practices.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments and contributions within an HR organization.
- Proven ability to design and redesign HR processes and programs to create a competitive advantage for their organization.
- Prior working knowledge of organizational effectiveness interventions, change management, executive coaching and leadership development, and facilitating reengineering and or reorganization efforts is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong, proactive, consultative skills which result in people seeking them out, knowing they will provide appropriate advice with a value-added perspective.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years prior HR experience, which includes a minimum of 10 years in HR leadership, business partnership and employment law—or equivalent.
- Demonstrated track record in compensation, organization development and recruiting supporting a professional sales organization, within the medical device or other regulated industry.
- Extensive business experience, able to be effectively translated to the role, will be considered in lieu of direct HR experience for the right candidate.
- Proven leadership capability and goal oriented management style with capability to manage in a matrix organization with international business partners.
- Experience in digitalization is a definite plus!
- Travel requirement of up to 50% which includes international travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport for international travel.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work.
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to your job function).
- You must have the education and experience to understand and comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable to your job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Adopt the “Beyond Compliance Quality Culture” in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
- Must practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures (As applicable to your job function).
- If your job description requires customer facing activities, you must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint reporting process and complaint procedures (As applicable to your job function).
- Must be able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to Chief QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator, including the Compliance Hotline.
- Must be competent with 21 CFR 820, 801, 803, 806 and any other applicable federal regulations, and Quality standards (As applicable to your job function).
- Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
- Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of management any potential improvements that could reduce our environmental impact or to report activities that could result in a negative impact to the environment.
- Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.