To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lending Operations Specialist I Pre-closing
M&T Bank • Buffalo, NY
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Completes commercial exception processing and research, resolution of complex commercial issues and customer inquiries. Participates in special projects, process improvement, and updates procedures.
• Complete commercial exception processing and research; resolve complex issues.
• Handle complex commercial customer inquiries and correspondence.
• Interpret legal and bank documents, analyze circumstances and document for action steps.
• Participate in special projects to include systems, acquisition or account research.
• Participate in process improvement initiatives.
• Responsible for multiple system, business and product lines.
• Review/update procedures according to protocols, guidelines and methods established by Lending Services.
• Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
• Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
• The incumbent works under minimum to moderate supervision.
• The position has internal interaction within the Center of Expertise (COE) or other Bank departments/external attorneys, customers, automobile and recreational finance dealers and vendors/outside agencies.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• High School or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 3 years’ proven bank, financial services and/or professional office operations experience
• Experience with commercial systems, forms and documents
• Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent spreadsheet and word processing software
• Proven problem-solving and mathematical skills
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Proven organizational skills
• Flexibility to support multiple business lines
• Familiar with business terms
• Good customer service skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy with internal and external contacts
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
• Associates’ Degree
• Commercial Loan Operations experience
• Notary public (as required by department needs)
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
'Relevant Military Experience is Desired'
Job Posting: Apr 24, 2018, 7:54:35 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing