To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20006
- Kevin Flynn
- Phone: 410-878-3005
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IP Litigation Paralegal - DC
Lucas Group - Search • Washington, DC
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IP LITIGATION PARALEGAL – Washington, DC
Lucas Group’s AmLaw 100 law firm client is looking for a Litigation Paralegal for its Intellectual Property Practice in Washington, DC. Candidates preferably have 3+ years of litigation paralegal experience.
- Assist paralegals and attorneys on practice-related projects
- Task-based responsibilities include factual/internet research, document review, document and electronic productions during the discovery process, database coding and input, drafting documents and pleadings, preparing witness files, assisting with deposition preparation, trial preparation, and attending trials, arbitrations and mediations/hearings
- Assist with cite checking
- Assist with trial prep and support
- Assist on a variety of clerical tasks relating to litigation file management and the information contained therein
- Index and prepare documents for Records Center storage and other tasks that don’t require special legal expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- Solid computer skills required in MS Word, Outlook Calendar and Excel
- Cite checking experience preferred
- IP experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Westlaw Case Notebook and Relativity or other litigation-related computer applications and databases also preferred
- Litigation case experience and trial and/or arbitration experience preferred
- Familiarity with the Federal Court systems and/or State Courts helpful
- Fluency in Korean, Japanese or Chinese preferred, but not required
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, work well under pressure, possess excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, able to adjust to changing priorities, and understand/follow written/oral instructions
- Strong Interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to work on a team and communicate with ordinary tact with attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed, with ability to travel for extended periods of time if necessary
- Big Law Firm experience a plus
WHY WORK WITH LUCAS GROUP
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018.