The purpose of this position is to provide technical support and customer service to Lennar employees to enhance productivity in the effective use of computer technology used at Lennar. The IT Service Desk Lead serves as an escalation and support point for the Helpdesk Analysts in solving issues presented to the Helpdesk. The Lead conducts training sessions for new helpdesk analysts as well as supports the implementation of new processes and procedures on the Helpdesk. The Lead will service as the back up to the Service Desk Supervisor and Manager as needed. The lead actively participates and contributes to the development of team goals and objectives. The IT Service Desk Lead also maintains knowledge base systems and the call tracking database to enhance quality of problem resolution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Helpdesk team is ready to take calls during scheduled hours of operation and the Helpdesk has appropriate coverage to provide exceptional service to our fellow associates. Takes calls on the Helpdesk and resolves tickets sent via email.
- Advises and collaborates with the Helpdesk team on current issues and works toward the resolution of tickets. Provides an escalation path for the team on technical issues.
- Takes over escalated work orders from the Helpdesk team that requires additional troubleshooting and follow-up. Escalates tickets to other IT teams as appropriate.
- Assists the Helpdesk Manager in conducting interviews and training for IT staff.
- Acts as a liaison between Helpdesk and other teams to ensure effective communication between teams.
- Produces appropriate reports on Helpdesk statistics and weekly performance reports.
- Manages the HP + Lenovo warranty programs ensuring warranty repairs are reported on the same day of occurrence. Conducts repairs under Hewett Packard's self-maintainer program.
- Manages the 3rd Party Printer repair program to ensure that reported printer issues are repaired within a 48-hour window.
- Serves as back-up for 3rdParty dispatch Coordinator managing 3rdparty dispatch scope and ticketing process.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree or Certification Required
• 3+ years in multi-operating system environment, especially MS Windows both XP and Windows 7.
• 3+ years experience working in desktop environment and with MS Office Suite.
• 3+ years years’ experience in a technical support environment, Call Center, or Help Desk.
• 1-year experience working in a large IS organization (multiple locations, client server technology, WAN, 1000+ personal computer workstations.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the IT Service Desk Lead to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- General technical writing skills to describe technical issues for issue history and communication to Escalation Partners.
- Thorough writing and communication skills to write, demonstrate, and explain step-by-step technical procedures.
- Thorough analytical skills to troubleshoot (over the phone) technical computer issues as presented by customers and resolve with own knowledge, or user documentation; or know when to escalate to Escalation Partners/Level 2 & 3, and then choose the correct Escalation Partners/Level 2 & 3 technical group.
- Thorough issue solving and analytical aptitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Very good inter-personal and teamwork aptitude.
- Thorough ability to interpret a wide variety of documentation for software and hardware and equipment.
- General organization skills to manage multiple open calls, call backs from Escalation Partners, and follow-up with customers.
- Thorough PC Operating System Knowledge.
- Thorough PC Workstation Knowledge.
- Thorough PC Printer Knowledge.
- Thorough Server & Password Administration Knowledge.
- General WAN Knowledge.
- General File Server & File Server Maintenance Knowledge.
- General File Conversions & Usage Knowledge.
- General PC Software Products Knowledge.
- General Mainframe Software Products Knowledge.
- General Data Communication Knowledge.
- General Voice/Phone System Knowledge.
- Thorough System Administration (Policies & Procedures) Knowledge.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a Supervisor.
- Work independently of daily supervision.
- Interact well with co-workers and associates at all company levels.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)