To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Windsor, CT 06095
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Building Information Expert
Permasteelisa North America • Windsor, CT
Posted 1 month ago
The Building Information Expert leads the team of Building Information Designers and Junior designers. This team provides proper bill of material to production planning. This task is generated through the Project Information Management (PIM), proprietary software developed by Permasteelisa.
• Contribute to the façade system definition supporting the System Design Leader and the Project Design Manager
• Contribute to the Lot breakdown in collaboration with Project Design Manager, Project Manager, and Production planning
• Ensure all releases are as per shop drawing, specification and issued on time for production
• Oversee Order Requests required for assembly of curtain wall
• Oversee Site Item required by site
• Make appropriate choices considering the project budget
• Organize a team of Building Information Designers and Junior Designers
• Ensure proper coordination within Building Information Designer, Building Wireframe Leader, and Building Information Leader
• Manages and control hours allocated to his/her project by developing KPI
• Supervise and train new resources
• Review Order Request before release to production planning
• Set rules and constraints for user input. (i.e: material description finishes, etc.)
• Responsible for training, developing and growing junior staff
• Share in the day to day responsibility for implementing the affirmative action program which includes, but is not limited to, responding to AA/EEO inquiries/investigations and participating in recruitment efforts
• As an employee of the company, you must be involved in safety initiatives and programs such as the safety committee, safety inspections, evacuations and training. You must apply and follow all safety policies and procedures while integrating safety into your daily work.
• At Permasteelisa North America we are united by our shared values, which drive the way we conduct our business and ourselves: work with respect, deliver on commitment, embrace quality, inspire passion, and pursue growth. As an employee of the company you must understand the meaning of our values, link your everyday work and your performance to our values, and be a champion of our values system.
• To work within the PMF team by managing information received from the SDL and BWM and creates project specific façade components, assembly configurations and materials management documentation for procurement and production within the PIM/BCE suite of applications.
• Key objective is to manage the data transmitted to SAP/PSP and any other fabrication information that is not handled by the Inventor Modelers (IM).
• To ensure that all technical information is current and correct and managed in accordance with the Design Process and Global Product Codification standards issued by the Group Technical Directors directive dated July 19, 2013.
Bachelor degree preferred, or Associate degree (with relevant experience), in Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or Civil
Computer System Skills:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Especially Excel). Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Solidworks/Inventor. Must also have the ability to learn all in-house software. Well versed with 2-D and 3-D design software including but not limited to AutoCAD, CATIA Well versed in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
5-7 years’ experience in curtainwall industry.
Ability to work collaboratively across function and possess wide degree of creativity to accomplish goals/ problem solve.
PNA is committed to workplace diversity and is an AA/EEO. The company participates in E-Verify.