SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job Description
As the Engineer, you will be involved in reading and executing testing as per defined test standards, test plans relating to a variety of consumer products, tools, and accessories.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generate test plan, initiate set up, monitoring of test data and develop, review, submit, and file reports on client sample tests, correlation tests, calibration, validation, proposal, and other projects. Authorized to review and sign datasheets and client reports.
- Perform testing to current standards and implement new standards as needed. Work with clients to set up customer-specific test plans and modify as needed.
- Routine operation, maintenance, calibration, qualification, and trouble-shooting of laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Develop, write, review, and validate test methods, laboratory SOPs, and other department-level operating, safety, and quality documents.
- Investigation on, response to, and follow-up of client inquiries and complaints.
- Internal and external technical support to customer services, laboratory operations, and clients regarding tests, reports, and other technical information.
- Coordinate with laboratory technicians and/or assistants on sample receiving, logging, pretreatment, preparation, testing, and other tasks. Provide training for ISTA Lab technicians on day-to-day testing once set up is complete.
- Coordinate, manage, and conduct multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Ensure lab area complies with corporate and local QHSE responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- 1-3 yrs experience for BS candidates
- The Certified Quality Engineer or Engineer-In-Training desired. PE Licence not required.
- Computer Skills: Excellent knowledge of CAD/CAM software preferred
- Previous experience in different robotics applications, able to adapt standardized test routines/programs to actuate mechanical motion, repetitive movements as prescribed in an application. Ability to simulate hardware setup for mechanical motions
- Well-versed in working with mechanical testing systems and mechanics using a variety of tools
- Physical and mechanical testing machines for tensile, compression, abrasion testing. Familiar with thermal, environmental chambers, compressor
- Adept at using tools: hand tools, electrical and pneumatic tools. DIYer / Handy likes to use hand tools, power tools, etc
- Ability to work utilizing productivity optimization and cost efficiency techniques
- Ability to develop and evaluate integrated systems
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Analytical skills focused on problem-solving, Innovative and curious
- Language Skills: Advanced English required Outstanding communication skills
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.