type of req Job Description
Serves as the senior System administrator responsible for the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Also serves as the onsite Task Lead responsible for providing the day-to-day supervision and coordination of personnel supporting this contract. Tyical duties include:
- Maintain connectivity of classified and unclassified systems; report outages outside to the Fort Huachuca NEC following current policy; provide recommendation(s) to the Government for any failed hardware; and provide corrective action for all outages.
- Perform system configuration changes and administration of systems as required and/or as directed by the Government. The Contractor shall provide change documentation to the Configuration Manager.
- Perform administration of backup solutions to include monthly archiving and off-site storage. Backups are conducted daily of File Servers, and SQL databases.
- The Contractor shall perform systems administration of all servers to include, but not limited to, the application of the latest security patches and DISA Security Template Installation Guide (STIG) and comply with IAVA directives per the Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) specified suspense dates set for each IAVA.
- Provide support in technology refresh, including making recommendations to the Government regarding what technology to replace, solutions for replacement technology, removal of older technology from the network and insertion of the new technology.
- Provide support in the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of approximately 32 network printers, 11 Fax machines, 12 scanners, 8 copiers, and 28 stand-alone printers.
- Provide assistance in the establishment of VTC connections in absence of Government personnel.
- Maintain compliance with applicable DoD security standards for all systems.
- Perform under Government oversight, response to security incidents per AR 25-2, Classified Information Spillage for Information Systems and Best Business Practice checklist.
- Responsible for daily coordination with the customer to determine task requirements, prioritize personnel work efforts and provide updates to management and Government Leads.
- Maintain work schedules and ensure personnel are onsite during customer core coverage hours.
- Engage customer to ensure work and administrative task are completed and to expectations.
Bachhelors in Computer Science or the combination of education and experience Qualifications
Must have a DOD 8570 IT Level Certification or higher.
Top Secret Secret Security Clearance.
5 years experience as a task lead.
Project managment experience and/or certification
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Installations (Computer Systems)