Join us to Shape a better world!
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally.?Founded to be humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination,?technology, and?rigor?to shape a better world
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Design and analysis of decarbonized energy systems in projects ranging from supply-side renewable generation to demand-side infrastructure and building control and efficiency
* Design and analysis of energy storage systems, including green hydrogen production and storage
* Financial and commercial analysis of energy systems
* Participation in technical and commercial due diligence reviews of infrastructure assets for lenders and mergers and acquisitions.
* Analyze risks including cost, schedule, design, contracts, permitting and environmental and social impact
* Interact with other consultants, internally and externally, for business planning, financial advisory, and due diligence assignments
* Conduct market research across different infrastructure sectors and present findings to leadership.
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
* Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
* Knowledge of basic business and operational concepts
* The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
* Presentation skills with colleagues and clients at all levels
* Analytical mindset and/or Strategic thinker
* Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
* Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
* Master's degree or PhD in an engineering discipline related to renewable energy systems
* FE/EIT certification
* Scripting/Programming (Python, C++, or other) proficiency
* Minor in Economics, Public Policy or Business
* Working understanding of project development process and project finance
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day Notable projects from our Energy Systems Team include:
* Central Energy Plant
* Carbon Free Boston
* California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California
* Mission Rock
* Union Point
* Sacramento Valley Station
* Dallas Fort Worth Airport
Benefits that Work?- At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
Flexible Working?- We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Graduate Energy Systems Engineer (Available 2023)
- Building Control
- Business Planning
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Contract Management