Job ID:19001327Job Description Summary:
Looking for an experienced software developer to lead and maintain a Micro Service platform at Windstream. Must have prior experience using Rancher, Kubernetes, GitLab and Dockers and an overall working knowledge of Container services, monitoring and building out nodes in a robust Micro service environment. Candidate must have excellent communication skills and able to work closely with external teams to assist and deploy Services across the organization. Experience with Red Hat Linux, Service Bus, EAI products, Oracle, Java, XML, Rest and Integration architecture/SOA a plus. Ability to lead, train and design micro service development initiatives.Responsibilities:
- Analysis, design, and development of web and/or transaction-based applications used as part of Windstream’s Call Processing Application Suite.
- Works with customers and/or vendors to develop project scope of work documents and project plans.
- Uses project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements, meet training needs, define project deliverables, provide customer satisfaction and reporting structures and insure quality of projects.
- Identifies the technical approach to be used on a given project and manages the system development process.
- Leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects for systems that typically affect many users.
- Ensures effective communications and relationships between customers project team members are maintained.
- Must have experience with Rancher, Kubernetes, GitLab and Dockers.
- At least 5 years software development experience in the application/integration, using Web Services and/or Linux, UNIX or .Net technologies.
- Must have experience in Java, C #, or .Net, and relational database experience (Oracle or MySQL), able to write queries, stored procedures
- Must have experience in Web Server technologies. Including XML, JSON or Rest services
- Should be proficient in scripting and performance tuning in Web server environment.
- Telecommunications industry experience.
- Familiarity/experience with Microsoft Project (or whatever tool used to track projects)
College degree in a Technical or related field and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 9+ years professional level related Technical experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.