Plains All American is an industry-leading transportation and midstream provider specializing in transportation, storage, processing and marketing solutions for crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGLs). We own an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, Plains handles more than 6 million barrels per day of crude oil and NGL in its Transportation segment. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
The duties of the Project Controls Analyst are generally described as providing cost, scheduling, forecasting, and additional project controls support for Engineering staff. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Provide support to the project team including project WBS set-up, estimate review and configuration, accounting set-up, monthly financial reporting, assist with project close-out, and preparing monthly financial reviews.
- Develop and maintain change management program for project and associated sub-contractors.
- Develop the project control budget from approved AFEs using project WBS.
- Monitor actual costs and commitments, provide work order tracking and report assistance, track incurred costs, evaluating trends and/or burn rates, review and analyze forecasts, assist in project guidance reporting.
- Participate in project review meetings.
- Provide support for estimating, scheduling and costing of engineering capital projects.
- Responsible for supporting the Project Manager in organizing and creating of seed money, full funding, and supplement AFE's for capital expansion projects utilizing Oracle Project Costing.
- Within area of responsibility, consistently identifies potential project problems or opportunities in a proactive manner.
- Analyze issues and develops resolutions using available resources.
- Attend site meetings and assist with determination of Project Controls requirements.
- Interface with internal project teams and external contractors.
Travel to field locations may be required, but is estimated to be less than 10% of time. Department members will have a heavy workload, with unplanned overtime and changes in work priorities; multiple projects with short turnaround time are common. Experience:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other related degree.
- Minimum 1-2 years' work experience in related position.
- Candidate must have strong communications skills and be able to function well in teams.
- Working knowledge of Cognos and Oracle is preferred.
- Ability to operate standard PC based programs is required.
- Cleared criminal history (background) and satisfactory reference checks.
- Compliance with the Company's Drug & Alcohol Policy including pre-employment testing.
At Plains, our employees are our most valuable asset. Hard work is rewarded with competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits program designed to keep our employees safe, healthy and happy. We work hard to deliver the best results to our stakeholders and we also respect our employees need for personal and family time, which is reflected in our benefits program.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Learn more.
- Business Administration
- Change Management