What Makes Honda The Best?
Are you an innovator? Honda’s core values are what make our company unique.
Dreams: The Power of Dreams mentality drives our team to create intelligent products that enhance mobility and increase the joy in people’s lives.
Joy and Passion: The joy we experience at Honda is fueled by our dreams and passion.
Challenging Spirit: Honda’s challenging spirit pushes us to set and reach ambitious goals. Honda is voluntarily reducing 50% of carbon dioxide emissions in our products by 2050 and developing technology to reduce the number of collisions to zero by 2040.
Respect for the individual: This core value pushes our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively on a team.
If your goals and values are at the same speed as Honda’s, we want you to join our team!
About this position:
- Work extensively on part problem investigations related to quality concerns on external supplier parts and initiate containment and inspection of suspect parts
- Complete 5W2H reports on part quality concerns
- Measure parts and record data while comparing spec vs. actual
- Make quality judgments on suspect parts and determine if they are non-conforming or in spec
- Communicate and work with all departments during quality issues
- Complete daily and monthly reports for your specific responsibilities
- Responsible for the quality of parts produced by external suppliers
- Will support quality, cost and productivity improvement activities to ensure high quality parts for TMP-GA (Transmission Plant - Georgia)
- Establish quality interface between our component part suppliers and TPM's manufacturing areas
- Participate and/or lead pertinent problem-solving meetings both internally and externally
- Determine if suspect parts are in spec or non-conforming, utilizing various measuring and analysis equipment (CMM, roundness tester, contracer, surface tester, bore gages, calipers, micrometers, snap gages, plug gages, thread gages, etc.)
- Utilize Honda drawings and engineering standards to verify part accuracy
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Strong mechanical aptitude with past technical manufacturing, quality, or engineering experience
- Able to lead and/or present detailed investigations, reports, and meetings
- Self-motivated and able to complete work assignments with limited follow-up
- Basic automatic transmission function knowledge
- Strong knowledge of casting machining and assembly processes
- Experience / exposure to design change management and implementation within a manufacturing environment
Required Work Experience:
- Intermediate to advance PC skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- 3-4 years’ experience working with quality controls in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong problem solving, presentation and technical writing skills
- Process auditing skills and familiarity with blueprint reading and dimensioning
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field
A few other important details:
- Environment associate will work in: Open Office / production floor
- Estimated amount of overtime: 5 to 10 hours per week
- Frequency and duration of travel:
- Must be able to travel on short notice and remain overnight up to 2-4 days per week when required
- Occasional international and domestic travel to suppliers to support complex part measurements and investigations
We care about our associates and their wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive total compensation
- 401k Plan with company contributions
- Flexible and valuable insurance plans
- Relocation assistance (if eligible)
- Onsite automobile service center and wellness center
- Development to further your career
- Discount on Honda products
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm)
- Verbal Communication