Requisition ID # 138152
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Finance
Job Location: Oakland
PG&E’s Business Finance team provides critical financial support to its operational Business Partners within the company. This support includes but is not limited to financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting, monitoring, performance metric reporting and analysis. These services are critical to achieving the company’s strategic, operational and financial objectives.
The successful candidate will serve as a Business Finance Principal Analyst supporting Electric Operations. As a member of the Business Finance Electric Operations leadership team, the candidate will help define and achieve the team's strategic objectives. The principal will be responsible for helping the Business Finance Electric Operations leadership team toward developing the team members and driving a culture that encourages and rewards thought leadership, critical thinking, high-quality work, ethics, efficiency, action, accountability, collegiality and safety.
The candidate will serve as a business partner focal for all finance and accounting, including planning, budget, forecasting, tools, and optimization analysis for specific Electric Operations or Electric Engineering programs. A successful candidate will integrate with the client organization and become a trusted financial and strategic thought leader. In sum, the individual will balance and utilize their functional expertise, intellectual curiosity, ethics, and interpersonal skills to build and maintain integrative relationships and ensure best in class decision support and recommendation.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people related and organizational dynamics.
- Assists Business Finance leadership team in painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Partner with leaders to drive high performance and execute business goals and priorities.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with LOBs aimed at identifying and understanding the business needs and providing strategic tools and guidance.
- Lead, support, and provide advice on the following major financial endeavors: Annual and 5-Year Operating Plan, Quarterly Business Review Support, Board Reporting
- Lead the enterprise monthly affordability tracking and reporting process.
- Lead centralized analytics, modeling, and data visualization team for the Business Finance organization
- Support standardization of financial reporting, analytics, and modeling across business units
- Act as a consultant to Business Finance leaders and analysts on analytics, modeling, and data management/visualization tools.
- Drive process improvements, including root causes analyses when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience or training
- Job-related experience, 8yrs
- CPA and/or CFA
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, SAP BW
- Ability to execute tactically as well as depict the whole idea / strategic analysis
- Exceptional time management skills to deal with tight deadlines
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Successful track record of working collaboratively with teams
- Understanding of Utility Accounting fundamentals and the PG&E cost model to consult on program issues
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements
- Critical Thinking
- Data Analysis
- Data Management