Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
We are seeking an individual to be our Diesel Mechanic at our McIntosh, AL facility.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain all components on tractors and trailers.
- Must be proficient with manufacturer diagnostic computer software.
- Knowledgeable of OEM manuals and websites to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Track and perform PM’s to Linde requirements on all distribution equipment.
- Maintain fleet appearance by repairing and re-fabricating body parts.
- Maintains parts inventory which includes but not limited to tires, fuel and oil/ lubricants.
- Perform road calls to help keep trucks moving to customers.
- Must be able to communicate with vendors to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electrical systems.
- Execute all PM's-CM's and other calibration requirements with proper documentation.
- Understand and use various diagnostic and calibration equipment.
- Maintain full compliance with trucking bulletins and alerts.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct all control system issues pertaining to the tractor PTO and hydraulic pumping systems.
- Input Corrective maintenance, warranty and PM work orders and track through maintenance system.
- Maintain Excellent Shop Housekeeping and Cleanliness
- Meet Shop Safety and Environmental Compliance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years Diesel Mechanic Experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience and understanding of 49 CFR §396 and state and local regulations.
- Able to acquire air brake inspector qualification.
- Knowledge of 12v electrical systems.
- Able to acquire air conditioner repair certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to acquire a CDL class A with hazmat and tanker endorsement.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Applications, Email, Electronic Maintenance Management Systems)
- Able to travel up to 10%.
- Able to work overtime and on call as required.
- Cryogenic experience. (pump systems including valves and piping).
- Experience working with Freightliner Tractors, Detroit Diesel Engines, Eaton Manual/Automatic Transmissions.
- ASE certified Diesel Mechanic.
- Fabricating and welding experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Oil And Gas
- Road Transport
- Diesel Engines
- Electrical Systems