The Zen Kitchen Server will ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction through the accurate and timely recording and serving of all guests' orders. The incumbent should be able to anticipate guest needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience as well as work in accordance with the service standards set forth by the management team. He/she will also work with the server assistants to maintain a clean and organized environment for guests.
The Zen Kitchen reports directly to the Food and Beverage Manager.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
What will I be doing?
• Provide excellent service at all times to all of our guests
• Assist guests courteously and efficiently
• Maintain the dining room and station clean at all the time
• Keep chairs and banquet areas clean and clear of debris
• Take customer food and beverage orders
• Extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to service and up sell our product, including liquors and cocktails
• Make sure that all silver and glasses are clean and spotless
• Mark tables appropriately to food order for each course
• Enter all sales in POS without errors. Double check list of items before "sending"
• Make sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting it
• Set up tables according to hostess communication
• Up keep and clear tables between courses throughout the meal
• Support the food runner to help run food in a timely manner
• Verify guest satisfaction with each table during each course served
• Anticipate guest needs, to ensure guests never have to ask for assistance
• Attend all food and beverage training classes
• Wish each and every guest a warm farewell and thank them for coming
• Deliver all checks and report to the appropriate place according to rules at the end of each shift
• Ensure the proper setting and maintaining of the dining room environment
• Following the posted opening and closing duties and side work sheet
• Attend daily pre meal/communication meeting
• Attend monthly department meeting
• Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a luxury fine dining establishment
• Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
• Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
• Have an in-depth knowledge of food and preparation
• Have a good knowledge of wine
• Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management
• Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Have excellent communication and organization skills
• Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
• Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
• Professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its URL blocked - click to apply. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!