Nesco has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer! Our client is a Global Industry leading manufacturer of highly engineered motor control systems for the Military, Oil & Energy and Heavy Industry customers located in Litchfield County, CT
The Senior Test Engineer role is responsible for the entire
Engineering Qualification Test Lifecycle Process in order to objectionably demonstrate that deployed and delivered Company Products are able to satisfy contractual environmental and operational requirements.
- Design and development of Qualification test procedures that satisfy contractual requirements
- Technical oversight and direct participation in the execution of Qualification testing
- Analysis, summary and documentation of Qualification Test results in a reporting format that satisfies contractual requirements
- Maintaining and managing an Engineering test lab area, including the maintenance and calibration of capital test equipment within that area.
- Scheduling of external qualification lab test facilities The Senior Test Engineer will work with a cross functional product development team, from project inception to final product delivery to ensure optimal project performance.
- Utilize standard EDA tools, such as schematic capture, CAD, VISUAL Studio, MS Office, and FPGA programming tools to develop and document formal Qualification test procedures that conform to contractual requirements, and may be subject to customer review and approval. Company products that are subject to Qualification test include motor controllers, Electronic Overload Relays (EOLR), electromechanical switching devices (contactors, relays, etc.), motor-generator sets, and bus transfer switches.
- Design, develop and generate Qualification Test Procedures
- Oversee and directly participate in the formal execution of Qualification testing Generate Qualification Test Reports
- Maintain and manage Engineering test lab area Ensure calibration certification of Engineering test instrumentation and measurement resources are maintained.
- Plan, schedule and procure outside test resource facilities when necessary, as required
- Personally oversee the execution of outside test execution as necessary
- e.g. EMI compliance to MIL-STD-461
- Review Qualification and Design Engineering Test processes and practices for opportunities to improve quality and/or lower costs
- Develop qualification procedure and report templates that may serve as basis for generating new procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Controls Engineering Manager.
- Maintains knowledge of latest industry trends and standards to ensure optimal performance
Requirements for this position are to also be engaged in 5S, Continuous Improvement, On-Time Delivery, Routine Total Preventative Maintenance and the submission of Improvement Ideas.
Education / Experience:
15 year experience minimum, working in a Design Engineering Test organization
Prefer 5 or more years in a technical leadership capacity
Practical experience with the following MIL SPECs, as applicable to Qualification Test: MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-1399-300, Type I
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD Electrical schematic capture, or similar
- Knowledge of industry recognized drafting and electrical CAD standards
- Knowledge of industry specifications including NEMA and UL specs and standards
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional team environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail and quality
- Experience working with 480 VAC, 3-phase power systems
Experience working with MIL-DTL-2212 (greatly preferred
Knowledge of power systems and / or industrial automation & controls
Functional knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) applications
Knowledge of Naval and commercial power systems
Experience entering product structure data into ERP systems (Visual Manufacturing is a big plus)
Experience with Lattice and Xilinx FPGAs
Experience with Solid Works 3D modeling
Basic PLC skills.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Variable Frequency Drive
Programmable Logic Controllers