Ultimate Staffing is currently working with out client who is looking for a temporary Commercial Sr, Underwriter in the Eugene area. The right person for this position will have strong underwriting skills, previous banking experience using Moody's software and experience with Credit Quest Loan.
Job Title: Temporary Commercial Sr. Underwriter
Duration: 2 months
- Analyzes financial data related to new and renewal loan requests, including lines of credit, asset-based lines, commercial real estate, and equipment financing loans.
- Presents facts and offers opinions/recommendations to CRMs and PMs concerning applicant's credit worthiness.
- Prepares summary and/or credit approval report documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
- Drafts loan agreements in collaboration with the CRM and PM.
- Reviews and monitors commercial and/or real estate loan documents for accuracy, completeness and adherence to approval conditions.
- Follows up with customers to obtain all necessary information and clarification on financial analysis materials and resources.
- May work with attorneys and other financial or legal resources to obtain correct and accurate documents to fully protect the financial institution's interests in the credit relationship.
- Participates in customer and prospect calls with the CRM/PM, outside calling and other marketing efforts.
- Ensures customer is approved for all ancillary products; makes recommendations to CRM/PM on potential customer needs.
- May directly manage a portfolio of smaller credits.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field or the equivalent in education in experience.
- 5+ years of commercial underwriting/credit analysis experience.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced credit and credit quality skills including accounting, financial statement spreading, and cash flow analysis experience.
- Advanced knowledge of credit policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Advanced sales skills including business development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must have completed accounting and credit training courses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.