Responsible for supporting the CSA team focused on development of fuel cell components, performing fuel cell operability trade studies and analysis of test data, developing simple electrochemical models, and supporting verification and validation plans for new cost reduction initiatives. Support of the Engineering Services Lab as assigned. May support group projects focused on catalyst research, electrode process development, bipolar plate and non-repeats development. Such projects will expose the incumbent to a variety of lab equipment, including SEM, EDAX, ICP, mechanical testers, DMA, TMA, DSC, FTIR, TEM, XRD, zeta potential, and particle size analysis. May support and perform building of cells for testing in the lab scale test stands, and will perform root cause investigations associated with component failures to further positive self-development of and the CSA discipline. Has developing understanding of CSA discipline fundamentals and manufacturing processes. Responsible for small projects within the CSA discipline.
Role & Responsibility
- Still learning the fundamentals of the discipline and the role
- Depends on others for guidance and direction/instruction
- Sets challenging but achievable goals for self, and seeks support from others, in addition to academic pursuits, to enhance personal and professional development.
- May be asked to support the development of suppliers to help them meet technical, cost, and delivery goals.
- Keep abreast of all external fuel cell and fuel cell process concepts and technology developments as a focus on self-development and to help the team maintain a leading edge in CSA technology
- Drives productive achievements and development by learning and utilizing increasingly absorbed CSA-based knowledge, tools, and skills
- Ongoing focus on career development
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation between self and others
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree with 0+ years of experience
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or related
- Experience with executing customer demands and requirements
- Effective documenting and recordkeeping skills
- Adaptable to changing priorities and shifting work requirements
Knowledge & Skill
- Still developing technical understanding of the basics of the CSA discipline
- Basic knowledge of fuel cell technologies
- Demonstrable organizational and communication skills and abilities
- Strong appreciation for teamwork and employee development
- Good computer/systems skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
This position requires on-site work.
All personal information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Questions can be addressed through the HR department at
Particle Size Analysis
Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
Scanning Electron Microscope