Living A Life Inspired!
Our new vision at ThedaCare is bold, ambitious, and ignited by a shared passion to provide outstanding care. We are inspired to reinvent health care by becoming a proactive partner in health, enriching the lives of all and creating value in everything we do. Each of us are called to take action in delivering higher standards of care, lower costs and a healthier future for our patients, our families, our communities and our world.
At ThedaCare, our team members are empowered to be the catalyst of change through our values of compassion, excellence, leadership, innovation, and agility. A career means much more than excellent compensation and benefits. Our team members are supported by continued opportunities for learning and development, accessible and transparent leadership, and a commitment to work/life balance. If you're interested in joining a health care system that is changing the face of care and well-being in our community, we encourage you to explore a future with ThedaCare.
Benefits, with a whole-person approach to wellness -
- Lifestyle Engagement
- e.g. health coaches, relaxation rooms, health focused apps (Wonder, Ripple), mental health support
- Access & Affordability
- e.g. minimal or zero copays, team member cost sharing premiums, daycare
About ThedaCare!Summary :
Day shift position. Occasional evenings or nights. Role includes every other weekend and holiday.
The Phlebotomist conducts pre-analytical functions and performs phlebotomy responsibilities on patients that may range from newborns to elderly for patient outcomes that result in a positive and caring experience.Job Description:
*WE PROVIDE ON THE JOB TRAINING*
This is a day position and does require some evenings or nights.
1. Obtains specimens from inpatients and outpatients following proper identification protocols and appropriate techniques to maintain the integrity of the specimens.
2. Prioritizes collections and transports specimens to meet established turnaround times.
3. Adheres to OSHA and ThedaCare/department policies for specimen collection and handling to ensure a safe work environment.
4. Provides training for new lab and non-lab team members in phlebotomy to retain top talent.
5. Performs specimen-related computer functions with accuracy and speed including entering physician's orders, processing cancelations, and entering add-on tests to ensure regulatory compliance.
6. Enters, activates, and/or reviews physician's order in the system with accuracy for patient safety and quality.
7. Maintains supplies and assists with inventory and ordering to ensure the availability of supplies to perform patient care responsibilities.
8. Performs special specimen collections (i.e., legal specimen collections) to support patient testing and follow up as required by law.
•High school diploma or GED
•Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
•Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
•Works in a medical setting with high risk of exposure to blood and body fluids, chemicals, and biohazardous materials
•Frequent exposure to sharp objects and instruments
•Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock
•Occasional contact with aggressive and or combative patients
•Use of computers throughout the work day
•Frequent use of keyboard with repetitive motion of hands, wrists, and fingersScheduled Weekly Hours:
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center - Appleton - Appleton,WisconsinOvertime Exempt:
- Health Care
- Regulatory Compliance
- Sample Collection
- Patient Safety