JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Supports various initiatives and network wide projects for the McLane Grocery distribution centers, typically related to cost reduction and productivity improvements. Plans, organizes, implements and manages capital and process improvement initiatives within the facility, region or network and acts as a subject matter expert for DC Operations. Performs operational and transportation analysis, daily fleet and route optimizations, continuous process improvements, engineered labor standards (ELS) updates, warehouse management system configuration as well as facility and capacity planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Partners with division operations to reinforce consistent process execution and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Assesses and optimizes processes and equipment within the facility and region to support business needs.
- Implements and supports McLane's warehouse, labor, execution and slotting optimization systems.
- Implements and supports McLane's transportation systems to include statistical analysis and on-site validation of processes.
- Reports and engages senior operational and engineering leaders and stakeholders to gain alignment on implementation plans and success metrics.
- Manages large-scale material handling projects from conception through startup to ensure on time, under budget and performance objective results are met.
- Develops efficient layouts, workstations, and material handling systems for new and existing facilities.
- Supports multiple divisions operations and special projects related to industrial engineering.
- Updates and aligns Standard Operating Procedures with Corporate Engineering.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering preferred
- Other applicable degrees with accompanying experience will be considered
- 3 or more years of experience as Industrial Engineer
- Experience as a regional or on-site industrial engineer (preferred)
- Experience with Manhattan WMOS and LMS or JDA/Red Prairie WMS and LMS (preferred)
- Experience with TMW, Appian or PeopleNet Transportation Systems (preferred)
- Experience within distribution facility layout, racking layout and design (preferred)
- Experience with Statistical Analysis and Operations Research preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to advocate for and present recommendations to senior leadership.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Project and outstanding organizational skills
- Commitment to deliver timely, professional, and quality work product with and without direct supervision
- Office and warehouse environment
- This position is expected to travel up to 60% of the time.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Warehouse Management System
Process Improvements (Business)