Substitute Paraprofessional - Berkeley County School District
Be the reason a kid learned something today. Be a substitute paraprofessional! If you have a desire to do work that can literally change the world, you're in the right place. Kelly Education has short and long-term opportunities available for you to make a big difference in young lives by becoming a Substitute!
No teaching experience? No problem! This rewarding opportunity comes with free training, paid orientation, service bonus plans, and the flexibility to create a schedule that works for you, and so much more.
- In the absence of the full-time paraprofessional, the Substitute Paraprofessional provides classroom assistance to general education or special needs students and to the assigned District/School teacher, who has ultimate responsibility for designing and implementing educational programs, activities and services.
- Daily personal and close, non-physical contact with children to provide classroom management and learning environment support.
- Ability to assist in the implementation of an instructional support program with students of varying ages and sizes.
- Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with School District staff and students.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs. Other physical activities may be required
- Assist teacher(s) to reinforce learning concepts presented through lesson plans, individually and in small groups.
- Grade homework and tests (computing/tabulating results) using answer sheets and other methods the school employs.
- Assist students in transition from regular classrooms to special needs classrooms as needed.
- Understand, address, and be sensitive to the presented special needs of each student, recognizing differences in their abilities and cognitive levels.
- Maintain and/or assist in maintaining classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly and School District policies and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
- Remain in classroom and monitor students at all times. Ensure that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Report student injury, accidents, illness, and discipline problems to Kelly supervisor and school personnel immediately.
- Report all personal injury or school property and/or theft to Kelly supervisor and District/School personnel immediately.
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by an authorized School District employee (e.g., school principal).
High School Diploma
- Free training to prepare you for the classroom
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Flexible scheduling: work a few days or every day
- Your preference of school
- Free ongoing professional development
The satisfaction of knowing the work you do is making a positive impact in young lives in your community!
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you’re looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we’ll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you’re new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.