Administrative Support Specialist
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Administrative Support Specialist fulfills a combination of secretarial, administrative, data management functions. The administrative specialist will function as liaison between the DVP, Customer Care and operations as needed. This position requires a high degree of organization, planning and communication skills. This position will be required to generate accurate and timely data reports as well as maintain superior customer service skills. The Administrative Specialist will engage in general filing, duty coordination, and customer service communication. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
* Manages Outlook calendars; setting up meetings, resolving schedule conflicts and prioritizes meetings.
* Schedules and organizes simple to complex activities such as meetings, travel, expense reports, and department activities for members of management team.
* Files documents, generates reports, drafts communications and responds to routine questions.
* Uses variety of software to produce predefined or routine queries, reports, announcements, correspondences, memos, business plans, layouts and graphic designs as requested.
* Tracks quantitative data, researches and reports variances.
8. Assists with the planning, coordination and communication of employee activities.
* Works independently and within a team on recurring and non-recurring assignments that may require demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
May handle overflow customer service calls
* Minimum of Associate Degree in Business/Liberal Arts
* 5+ years' experience in an administrative support function
* Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint as well as intermediate familiarity with Excel.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to think analytically and resourcefully draw accurate conclusions.
* Ability to manage complex and dynamic situations requiring a well-developed sense of organizational prioritization.
* Team oriented with ability to work cross-functionally within a matrix organization.
* * Attention to detail with demonstrated ability to produce accurate and consistent work quality.
* Experience researching, interpreting, data management, data entry and report generation.
* Intermediate level of experience using computer automation tools
* Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
* Able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organization.
* Excellent organizational, communication and follow up skillset.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, etc.)- most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in tasks that involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight handling objects less than 25 pounds- rarely;
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Attention To Detail