Requisition ID: 106648
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is seeking an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer to work on engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation’s business across the United States and Canada. The primary duties of this engineer will include performing both permanent and temporary geotechnical engineering in support of a variety of Transportation, Power, Industrial, Oil, Gas & Chemical, Water, Tunneling, and Mining projects. A strong academic background, excellent communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment are considered essential for this position.
As an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer, you will work on interdisciplinary teams that include structural, civil, drainage, mechanical, electrical, and materials engineers, as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals, to perform geotechnical engineering analyses and design. You will be involved in planning and executing field investigation programs, performing geotechnical engineering analyses, and producing construction documents and engineering reports.
This position requires travel to project offices and work sites and periodic field assignments.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering Group’s Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Locations: Denver, CO; Omaha, NE; Lenexa, KS
In this role, you will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge under the direction of an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business, including:
• Providing project support during the proposal/bid phase; working with team members to complete engineering analyses in support of innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges.
• Working on design-build and EPC projects, including developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables.
• Performing and overseeing subsurface investigations, field testing, and construction oversight.
• Producing engineering reports, drawings, and detailed calculation packages.
• Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Geotechnical Engineering or closely related field- highly preferred.
• 0- 3 years of post-graduate geotechnical engineering experience.
• Passed the FE/EIT examination in the United States
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering, including soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design to support heavy civil construction.
• Experience in any of the following aspects of geotechnical engineering is desired but not required: design of deep or shallow foundations, slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, rock mechanics, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, dewatering, pile driving analysis, heavy equipment and crane working surface design, subsurface exploration, laboratory testing programs, and on-site engineering support.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
• Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.
• Ability to travel to project sites and the physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
Base Compensation: $52,000 - $78,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.