Candidates must be located within our core footprint of Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota.
Responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of SBA relationships to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process and product, retention and expansion of existing client relationship, growth of total client assets and net growth in relationships. Primary performance responsibilities include analyzing financial data to determine the merits of loan requests (including adherence to loan policy), recommending structure, collecting financial statements. Maintain and build loan portfolio in SBA. At a senior level, may be responsible for training and development of more junior portfolio managers.
* Manage the renewal process by working with the Sales and Support Specialist and the credit department to get credit presentations completed in a timely fashion. PM manages the end to end process for renewals.
* Complete Annual Reviews for borrowers in their portfolio in a timely fashion.
* Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as regulatory guidelines.
* As appropriate to experience, co-manage relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests, and recommend structure as well as aggressively managing the client relationship.
* Responsible for credit risk and quality of the portfolio.
* Partner with the Sales and Support Specialist as the point of a contact; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the Relationship Manager and other internal business partners.
* May make presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank's Loan Approval Process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits.
* Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts. May assume overall responsibility for the credit quality of the loan portfolio.
* May participate with ad hoc special projects for the team or region as needed.
* Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region's marketplace.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or other related discipline, or equivalent related experience Required
* 5-7 years Business, Commercial, or SBA Banking and/or Credit Approval Experience Required
* Extensive experience handling complex credits Required
Licenses and Certifications
* Must have access to reliable transportation and the ability to lawfully drive self, if applicable. by start date, Required
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to SBA Underwriter/Portfolio Manager - Remote within Footprint
Fully complies with all applicable enterprise policies and procedures. Acts in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as outlined in training materials, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for reporting suspicious activity to Financial Intelligence. Responsible to report all customer complaints as prescribed and procedure violations to management or HR. Responsible to report ethical concerns as needed to Associated's anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Associated Bank is committed to working diligently with any colleague who needs an accommodation perform the essential functions of the job. Please contact the Leaves & Accommodations office to request an accommodation.
- Accounts Payable
- Financial Data Analysis
- Financial Risk