ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Work involves a wide variety of involved clerical operations, requiring the interpretation of broad guidelines.
- Performs moderate level administrative functions (word processing, presentations)
- May assist with bi-weekly and hourly payroll information
- Prepares bank deposits and statements of revenue as needed
- Prepares and submits billings as needed
- Assists with statistical reporting and facilities management as needed
- Responsible for disbursement, maintenance and reconciliation of petty cash as required
- Establishes, maintains and updates the filing system
- Compiles reports; updates, checks and completes records, forms and documents
- Processes and distributes confidential and sensitive documents
- Answers phones, greets customers
- Performs other general clerical duties (typing, filing, distributing mail, etc.)
- Operates and maintains a variety of office equipment
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: possibly
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comprehensive knowledge of and skilled in office administrative procedures. Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: HS or GED + 3 years related work experience; OR 1 year of college + 2 years of related work experience. Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and/or other office applications. Must pass skills test. One year of supervisory experience, if applicable.
Attention To Detail