This is a great opportunity for an individual to come in and lead the electrical engineering division of the business. Our client offers a tremendous amount of growth potential coupled with a vibrant company culture.
Our client has earned a reputation of excellence by providing uncompromising service and value to all of our clients. As a single source provider for both electrical and low voltage services, our client works directly with our clients to design, build and implement the most efficient and reliable electrical systems. For more than 40 years, they have remained Chicagoland's premier source for superior turnkey electrical design and installation that's superior to the industry standard.
- Perform design duties in support of the construction of design/build, design/bid/build, and renovation projects. Perform design work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, and prime power generation equipment, utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Interpret and adapt traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
- Coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects.
- Provides Electrical Engineering expertise in reviewing, assessing, and resolving construction and design problems encountered during the performance of contracts assigned.
- Ability to provide technical oversight of multiple construction contracts through review of specifications, quality assurance planning, coordination of design, scheduling, and technical submittal approvals.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for electrical building systems design
- Setup and maintain AutoCAD and REVIT projects
- Produce clear and accurate drawings with limited instructions
- File transfer to and from clients
- Communicate and coordinate project revisions and updates
- Ability to read and understand specifications
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Work well under tight deadlines
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, ABET Accredited or, BS, Electrical Engineering Technology or Minimum 5-7 years' industry related experience, verifiable electrical building systems experience
- Opportunity to lead the design division of the business
- Phenomenal health benefits for individual and family
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential
- Flexible working environment
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1390183
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.