At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for a better way
and help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
or follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Education or Experience (in years):
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 5+ years of related work experience OR
- Master’s degree in field with 3+ years of related work experience OR
- Doctoral degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience.
Knowledge and skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist experience.
- Experience in molecular and microbiology techniques.
- Experience using current technology for documentation and communication
Required competencies and behaviors:
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated excellent customer relations/service skills.
- Self-motivated and independent problem solving
- Goal oriented, results driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works independently and team orientated
- Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook)
Preferred experience and skills:
- Hands-on experience with lab automation systems
- Hands-on experience with LIS/connectivity
- Experience with CRM, SAP or similar
- Sales team
- Field Service Engineers
- Technical Support
- Business Operations
- Marketing team
- Solutions team
- Key opinion leaders
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to handle or feel objects, utilize tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Repetitive movements (computer and cartridge set up) and long periods of screen time and office hours.
- This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in a lab environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events
- An essential function of this position is the ability to pass vendor credentialing requirements imposed by assigned customers, which can include, by way of example only, periodic background checks and drug screening, immunizations, and training, and may vary by customer and change from time-to-time. The Company pays the cost for any such vendor credentialing requirements.
- 75% of time with overnights
- Other: Valid driver license
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.