Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of children? Are you committed to strengthening families? If so, consider joining the Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) team. For 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of assigned CCS programs. May include one or more program sites generally involving multiple service lines.
- Provides individualized training and feedback to staff to enhance their capabilities to perform effectively.
- Provides direct supervision, training, support, review and evaluation for child welfare specialists and other assigned staff.
- Compiles reports or data as required by management or government agencies.
- Collaborates with other management staff in programs and network on programmatic, fiscal, organizational and community issues.
- Performs other related tasks as necessary or as assigned.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the agency's service population.
- Promotes working relationships with community organizations, churches, funding bodies, and other providers.
- May be responsible for training, supervision, and evaluation of volunteers.
- May provide direct services or perform some of same duties as assigned staff.
- Commit to and actively participate in the agency's Continuous Quality Improvement process.
Identified candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Master's degree in social work or a related field with supervisory experience and experience with Child Welfare preferred.
- State licensing/certification as required by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, comprehensible manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Background check clearance, both criminal and CANTS.
- Valid Illinois driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Foster Care Supervisor, Supervisor, Child Welfare Supervisor, Child Welfare, Social Services, Child and Family Services, Child and Youth Services, Manager, Not for Profit, NonProfit, NFP.
Hardworking And Dedicated