We are hiring a Counsel to join our Shared Service team.
As a Counsel you will work, independently and collaboratively, on legal issues affecting FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation (HLUS) and its Medical Device companies to minimize risks of legal liability and ensure maximum legal rights of the company.
FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation is the holding company for North American based FUJIFILM companies operating in 27 states and engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sale and service of FUJIFILM products. The company serves a broad spectrum of industries in the U.S. including medical and life sciences, electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, broadcast, and photography. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com
Some of the responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day legal affairs of certain Fujifilm Medical Device companies under general supervision of Chief Healthcare Counsel and in coordination with other Fujifilm legal departments located outside the U.S.
- Directly draft, review and negotiate variety of commercial contracts, including customer, distributor and vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, development, manufacturing and service agreements, quality agreements and clinical trial and research agreements, among others. Also, work with outside counsel on a regular basis to review and handle large volume of contracts, to ensure agreements meet management/corporate objectives.
- Advise, counsel and report to management on general legal risks and regulatory risks, including with respect to FDA regulations and other regulations specific to Medical Device companies, such as Anti-Kickback.
- Perform general corporate and pre-litigation/litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Prepare and maintain corporate records for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes that may affect HLUS and its subsidiary companies.
- Provide training to HLUS and its subsidiary companies on substantive legal topics, including Contracts and other regulations specific Medical Device companies.
Position RequirementsCore Competencies:
- Planning and Prioritizing
- Communicating Effectively
- Focusing on Customers
- Adapting to Change
- Building Positive Working Relationships
- Initiating Improvements
- Taking Ownership
- 6 + years of relevant experience in a corporate law firm and /or in-house legal department, preferably for Medical Device or Life Science/Pharma companies
- Solid commercial contract background with extensive drafting and negotiation experience/skills
- Experience managing outside counsel and/or influencing legal staff
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, specifically applicable to the Medical Device industry, is preferred
- In depth knowledge of legal practices, including regulations affecting Medical Device and/or Life Science/Pharma companies and the healthcare industry generally
- Computer skills and appropriate applications
- Negotiation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to Multi-task
- Analytical Ability
- Budget Conscious
- College degree and juris doctorate from accredited law school. Academic honors preferred.
- Admitted to NY Bar.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.