You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Inside Sales Lead Generation I - College Connect, July 2023 - Nationwide
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Do you want to start a career in Sales, but you’re not sure where to start? Start an AMAZING sales career with Lumen by joining our July 2023 Sales Academy Rotational Program!
If you are a new or recent graduate who is driven, highly motivated and goal oriented, with a passion for building relationships and working with customers to solve their technology needs, the Lumen Sales Academy is THE program to help you launch a successful career in technology sales.
Be a part of our sales team, transforming industries across the globe and furthering human progress through technology. As a technology sales professional at Lumen, you will assist companies to capitalize on emerging applications to digitally connect people, data, and applications – quickly, securely, and effortlessly
The Sales Academy will consist of 3 rotations over a 3-year duration: Lead Generation, Acquisition Account Manager, and Expansion Account Manager. In Lead Generation, you will use phone, email, and social media for prospecting new customers to schedule conversations and meetings. As an Acquisition AM, you will achieve planned revenue via acquisition sales, responsible for closing complex, multi-product, multi-year deals in new logo enterprise accounts. Finally, as an Expansion AM, you will achieve planned revenue via expansion of Lumen’s share of wallet across an existing enterprise customer base responsible for creating funnels, managing opportunities, and ultimately closing complex, multi-product, multi-year deals across existing enterprise accounts with greater potential revenue primarily through unpenetrated product categories. Each rotation will serve as a foundation for the next as you move through your exciting career journey with Lumen!
ABOUT THE SALES ACADEMY EXPERIENCE:
- 3-year Sales rotational program - designed to help you have a successful and meaningful career at Lumen
Immersive training classes prior to each new rotation
Learn technical and sales fundamentals for success from proven sales leaders
- Understand Lumen's platform and full product and solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market strategies
- Build prospecting skills to drive success in lead generation and new client sales
- Learn technical and professional fundamentals from proven sales leaders
- Network with Sales Academy and Solutions Engineer class peers, sales leaders, and business executives from all over the organization
- Upon completion of training, transition to a Sales based role with Lumen
- Continued support, development, and coaching in the field
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Focus on generating sales leads, through prospecting activities, using lead-generation and research tools.
Expand Lumen's customer base by proactively qualifying leads and sales prospects by understanding business profile, buying process, requirements, and timeline expectations.
- Formulate solutions and present products and solutions persuasively and effectively while linking benefits to the client’s business objectives and needs.
- Produce new sales from prospects and current Enterprise customers via various outreach methods.
- Must have a sense of urgency and respond to inquiries within established timeframes.
- Successful performance demonstrated by achievement of monthly sales.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications, or similar degree (preferred).
New or Recent graduate with less than 2 years of sales experience.
A history of leadership in extracurricular activities, such as sports, student government, societal membership
- Ability and ambition to thrive in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Always demonstrate a positive attitude and act with integrity.
- Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to closure.
- A self-starter who is motivated to excel in Enterprise Business Sales
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize.
- Interest in prospecting with demonstrated ability to conduct outreach method such as prospecting and cold calling.
- Ability to show adaptability and resilience in various situations.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate individuals who can define impact by examples of customer service, projects, or work experience.
- Passion for customer service and desire to understand and introduce new technology to customer base.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical problem solving and closing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Potential to relocate for the sales position. Relocation assistance available for those who qualify
AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE US; SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
Requisition #: 326124
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
SALARY MIN: 30443
SALARY MAX: 67650
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional informationhere. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
- Business Planning
- Closing Skills
- Cold Calling
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 19262_8686_588716672
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.