Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik Corporation is a robust worldwide federal contractor company that is recruiting for the Director of Information Technology based out of one of the following corporate locations: (Anchorage, Alaska, Colorado Springs, CO, Annandale, VA). This person will be responsible for leading a highly technical and talented IT team and supporting a multitude of federal, state, and local agencies/customers to include six divisions specializing in security, construction, logistics & operations, engineering, commercial activities, and electric services. The Director of IT will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all corporate and government IT functions across the organization to include worldwide sites. This includes directing all IT operations for government and corporate cybersecurity regulations to meet customer requirements as well as support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. This position will also be responsible for the implementation of new technology cybersecurity countermeasures as well as continuing our implementation/certification of (CMMC) Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification.
- Develops and implements new technology cybersecurity technology for the protection of the corporation and its customers.
- Implementation and certification of (CMMC) Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Develops an overall IT strategic plan to maintain a robust and unified information technology infrastructure and deliver a maximum return on investment in technology resources.
- Improves existing software programs and develops new applications to meet future business needs.
- Ensures hardware and software are maintained and data is secured through proper back-ups and staff training.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively to include leading a team committed to excellent customer service.
- Develops and monitors metrics related to IT service levels, capacity, cybersecurity, and cost-effectiveness to senior leadership
- Proactively forecasts necessary technology equipment purchases and upgrades necessary to support growth and expansion for all worldwide locations.
- Defines, implements, and monitors function policies, procedures, standards, methodologies, and guidelines to include federal, state, and local government regulations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business strategy and objectives and recommends changes and improvements in the current technology footprint to enable those objectives.
- Supports the strategic planning process as requested.
- Evaluates and recommend corporate information systems technology solutions while remaining abreast of trends and emerging technologies, specifically in federal government contracting.
- Creates maintains and enforces written policies and procedures regarding all technology operations throughout the company.
- Acts to ensure the integrity of organization-wide data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and risk assessment to include Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
- Serves as the acting Security Representative for the Corporate Security Department as needed and based on the office location assigned.
- Serves as an internal Enterprise Architect to design and implement corporate infrastructure
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position will be responsible for supervising and directing the work of several geographically assigned employees and must have senior-level manager experience that can lead, grow, and manage a rapidly expanding corporation.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS in computer science, computer information systems, or technical management required. Advanced experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant technical experience required in a federal contracting field.
- Minimum 7 years of senior management level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in relationship with NIST and CMMC
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent project management skills are required.
- Strong continuous improvement experience and use of metrics required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including, Word, Excel, Access, and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a Team and have outstanding leadership skills.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform under high levels of stress.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification required
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred.
- ITIL or other IT Service Management certification preferred.
- Additional certification and/or demonstrated knowledge in the following areas desired: Cyber Security, NetApp, Microsoft Office, SQL Database Administration, Virtualization & Storage, as well as Backups & Disaster Prevention/Recovery, continuity planning.
SECRET Level Required
- Must have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Must also be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment. Travel both domestically and internationally is required based on business demands.