The Good Samaritan Society is America's largest faith-based, not-for-profit organization, providing housing and services to seniors. With nearly 100 years of charting new territory, the Society offers an opportunity to weave together imagination with reality and ultimately transform the aging experience in America. Now, partnering with Sanford Health, we are able to provide care through all stages of life. Throughout our organization, we aim to fulfill the most basic of human needs: to feel loved, valued and at peace. Here, you will be part of a family, offering love and compassion to residents as part of a dedicated and diverse care team.
7860 - GSS Scotland
130 Sixth St
Scotland, South Dakota, 57059-0428
14.00 - 16.00
This position works between the hours of 3:00 pm and 11:00 pm including every other weekend and holiday. Must be willing to work as a C.N.A if needed on the assigned weekend rotation, so must be C.N.A certified or willing to become.
Who we are:
Easy Apply Process
Mobile Device Friendly
Your contribution to the team:
- Good Samaritan Society -Scotland is a 2018 Customer & Employee Engagement winner!
- Join our team in providing high-quality service to residents needing both short-term and long-term care.
- U.S. News names us among the best nursing homes. Of the 15,000 locations evaluated across the country, only 24 percent achieved top status for 2018-2019.
- Friends of Good Samaritan Society - Scotland received the Group Volunteer of the Year award at the South Dakota Health Care Association's annual fall convention.
You're a good fit if:
- Provide resident care and services such as healthcare services, activities of daily living assistance and other duties, as assigned, in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards and procedures
- Keep a watchful eye over resident health, and help as needed with transferring, re-positioning and walking using correct and appropriate techniques and equipment
- Provides assistance with wellness or recreational programs and encouraging residents to participate. Adheres to OSHA and CDC guidelines to minimize infections by following aseptic cleaning techniques, including those that apply to blood borne pathogens
- Provides assistance with resident self- administration, documentation and storage of medications, all with proper training
- Help residents to meals and promote a positive dining experience.
What's in it for you:
- Completion and certification in an accredited nursing assistant training program
- State approved medication aide course as required by state
- This may require a high school diploma or a GED - refer to state regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- You bring a smile to work every day
- Are a team player and can set expectations
- Drive accountability
- Competitive wage
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off
- Daily devotions and prayer before meetings (if you choose to participate)
- Years of service recognition program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Profile by Sanford - Weight Loss Program
- Verizon and AT&T Discounts
- Hotel Discounts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status.
Certified Nursing Assistant