First Home Care has been providing quality Therapeutic Foster Care since 1991. We provide community-based services for children with a history of out-of-home behavioral health treatment. The First Home Care team has developed an integrated continuum of care which includes Therapeutic Foster Care, School-Based Programming, Alternative Day School, and Outpatient Counseling. First Home Care has facilities located in Portsmouth, VA; Richmond, VA; Alexandria, VA; and Roanoke, VA.
First Home Care currently has an excellent career opportunity for a Therapeutic Foster Care Case Aide. This is a PRN (as needed) position.
The candidate selected will be responsible for the following:
- Provide case related support including transportation for children placed in foster care program with some duties and travel occurring outside of normal business hours.
- Provide positive role modeling to clients and follows agency guidelines for interactions with clients. Transportation may be with our without the client’s foster parents.
- Performs other clerical tasks as assigned.
- May be required to use his/her personal vehicle to provide the transportation if company vehicle is not available.
- High School Diploma – Required
- Experience working with at risk youth - Preferred
- Must be able to drive with a valid Virginia driver’s license. Must have good DMV driving record.
- Must be able to work flexible hours during week, including outside normal business hours, to meet office needs.
- Must be able to verbally communicate with caseworker, referral sources, parents and other service provider to discuss behavioral and/or other concerns that may arise during interactions with clients.
- Must be able to use a computer, fax, copier, or scanner to receive and forward required documents from the legal guardian, parents and other service providers.
- Must possess knowledge of and ability to use applicable state and local laws and ordinances; and other applicable standards and regulations; security and safety techniques and procedures; operation of security/fire alarm systems.
- Must comply with all HIPPA and all federal and staff confidentiality policies.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Community Mental Health Services
Radiation Treatment Planning
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (Lmft)