$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Field Based Behavioral Health Care Advocate, you’ll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you’ll interact with members leaving the hospital - possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you’ll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all.
If you are located in the State of Virginia, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. This role is based out of the employee's home yet will be in the field 35-50% of the time. This role involves visiting members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals, or providers’ offices.
****These positions will be located primarily in the following areas: ****
Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Manasses, Prince William, Charlottesville, Bristol City, Abingdon
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals, or providers’ offices
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews, and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Current, unrestricted, independent VA License (LCSW, LMFT, RN, LPC, LP)
- 3+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Access to high-speed internet and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Residence in the State of Virginia
- Ability to travel within the State of Virginia
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 1+ years of experience working with Medicaid population
- 1+ years of Community Mental Health experience
- Medical / Behavioral setting experience (i.e., hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical / behavioral outpatient practice)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with Medicaid funded programs
- Experience working with youth who have serious behavioral health needs
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.