TITLE: Anticipated Paraprofessional (Full-time and Part-time)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 180 days. Salary and work year to be established by the Board of Education.
1. Successful completion of two years of college or such alternatives as deemed appropriate by the Superintendent.
2. Qualities necessary for working with students and teachers.
3. Aptitude for the tasks involved.
4. Possess good moral character.
REPORTS TO: Classroom teacher and Principal
1. To assist the teacher to achieve teaching objectives by working with individual students or small groups to help them achieve the skill levels as a class or individually.
2. To assist the teacher in providing a well-organized smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
1. Develop a good rapport with students and teachers.
2. Ability to organize and communicate.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the teacher in planning lessons that strive to meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
2. Assist the classroom teacher with individuals and small groups of students in independent and remedial work.
3. Guide the learning program toward achievement of district and school goals and objectives.
4. Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
5. Assist with such large group activities.
6. Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives including positive attitudes toward learning.
7. Assist the teacher in assessing the accomplishments of students on a regular basis.
8. Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
9. To perform such duties as assigned and within the scope of employment as determined by the Principal and approved by the Superintendent of Schools.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel and State Statutes.
- Independent Studies